Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hot/Cold Rice Packs infused with Lavender Essential Oils

I've been busy the last couple weeks getting ready for a booth this Sunday at Santa's Woods & also a booth at the AppleJack Festival Craft Show! The AppleJack show is expecting 16,000 people - I have no idea how I'm going to be able to get through that one on my own! I will have hot/cold rice packs infused with Lavender Essential Oil, handwarmers, cute little Rice Owls if I manage to get their eyes on and also a variety of Lotions, Bath Salts & Bath Sugars which are all made with natural ingredients and Simply Aroma essential oils.

I thought I'd share a little about the Hot/Cold Rice Packs and how I made them. =D

First I purchased several Kitchen Towels from Dollar Tree & Dollar General for $1. I cut up 1/2 into 2 pieces by folding it in half and cutting along the center line. Then I used fat quarters to make the back section. Sewed a 1/4" seam all the way around except for a 2" section so I could turn it right side out and fill with the rice. Before you fill the pack with rice sew another 1/4" seam all the way around the pack to make it look more finished and make it more sturdy. =D


Step 1: Infuse the Rice
I bought the largest bag of Rice I could find at Walmart, poured 1/2 in a large bowl and then dropped about 5 drops of Simply Aroma Lavender Essential Oil, mixed it with my hands, covered it with Saran Wrap (Plastic Wrap) and let it rest for about 1 hour,



Step 2: Fill the cloth bag 1/2 full with infused rice and then sew up the area left open for filling the pack. At this point you can sew down the center - be sure to split the rice in the bag in half so half is on each side of that center seam. It will create 2 chambers and keep your rice from bunching up on one side of your bag.

 

I am selling each of these smaller sized rice packs. They are perfect for headaches, sinus pain, cramps, achy muscles, lower back pain and lots more! Here are a few of the ways you can use your new Hot/Cold Rice Pack to help you feel a little better....
  • Centre Blend - helps with focusing & concentration! click here
  • Simmer helps relieve cramps & Peri/Menopause symptoms! click here
  • Relaxation relieves anxiety, depression and hypertension! click here
  • Digestese relieves Upset Stomach, Indigestion or Diarrhea! click here
  • Lemongrass helps with Pain, Lactation issues & digestion! click here
  • Peppermint relieves nausea, pain, reduces fever & relieves cold symptoms  (Do not use if you are on Blood Thinners!) click here
  • Spearmint relieves headaches & respiratory conditions! click here
  • Tea Tree is great for Arthritis Relief, congestion, aches & pains! click here

You can learn more about any of the oils by clicking here.....




I'm linked up at:
Amanda’s Books and More Friendship Friday at Create With Joy




1 comment:

  1. Shoot I just realized I didn't add my disclaimer. I'll come back and do that Sunday or Monday. In the meantime:

    This post contains links to my website. Please don't feel like like you have to purchase from me and if you already have a Simply Aroma consultant please visit with them - however any sales made from this post do help support me and help me continue my child care ministry. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina